Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer's Salsa

Recipe courtesy Summer Pererro



My friend Summer introduced me to this salsa about 6 years ago. It is so good - I can't believe I haven't posted it yet. It is always a hit whenever I take it anywhere.

Summer's Salsa

1 can black beans (rinsed & drained)
1 can white, whole kernel corn (rinsed & drained)
2-3 large tomatoes - diced
2 ripe avocados - pitted and diced
small bunch of green onions - finely chopped
small bunch of cilantro - finely chopped
cumin to taste
1 packet of Good Seasons Zesty Italian dressing - prepare as directed (To cut the fat I only add 3-4 Tbsp oil when preparing the dressing and substitute water for the rest of the oil.)

Mix first seven ingredients together in a large bowl. Prepare dressing and mix in just before serving.

2 comments:

Shecia said...

Hi, sounds yummy! What ever happened to Summer- is she the blog you have linked?

The Christensen's said...

It is very yummy! I hope you try it and enjoy it. Yes that is the Summer who I have linked. She had twins so she's a little pre occupied.