Friday, November 27, 2009

Twice-baked sweet potatoes

adapted from kraft foods
I love sweet potatoes for Thanksgiving. I decided to try out a new recipe for this Thanksgiving

2 large sweet potatoes
2 oz Cream Cheese, cubed
2 Tbsp milk
approx 3 Tbsp brown sugar (the recipe only called for 1 Tbsp brown sugar - I added more. I just kept adding and then tasting until it was what I wanted).
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 cup pecan pieces
Marshmallows, optional

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Cut potatoes lengthwise in half; place, cut sides down, in foil lined baking pan. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until tender.

Scoop out centers of potatoes into bowl, leaving 1/4 inch-thick shells. Add cream cheese, milk, sugar and cinnamon to potatoes; mash until blended.

Spoon potato mixture into shells; top with nuts. Bake 8 minutes or until potatoes are heated through and nuts are toasted. About the last 2 minutes of baking add marshmallows on top and cook until they are slightly brown.

1 comment:

Bobbie said...

Ohh, I wish I saw this before Thanksgiving. But always good to make Sweet Potato's on a chilly night.