Friday, November 27, 2009

Stuffing

I know that Thanksgiving is over - but I didn't get a chance to post my recipes - so I'm posting now. And who says you can only have stuffing at Thanksgiving anyways?

This is my mom's recipe and I love it. My favorite thing about the Thanksgiving meal is the stuffing. So you have to have a good recipe. This recipe is nice because it cooks in the crockpot all day - so you can get it done in the morning and not have to worry about it, plus it doesn't take up oven space.

Stuffing

2 loaves heavy white bread
1 stick butter
2 onions, chopped
2 cups celery, chopped
2 tsp poultry seasoning
1 tsp sage
parsley
salt and pepper, to taste
2 eggs, beaten
24-28 ounces chicken broth

Cut bread into 1 inch cubes. You can do this the night before so they will dry out or you can spread the cubes onto a cookie sheet and brown them in the oven. I did both. Place cubes in large bowl. Saute butter, onions, and celery until onions are clear. Sprinkle poultry seasoning, sage, parsley, salt and pepper over bread cubes, mix well. Pour onions and celery over bread, mix well. Pour chicken broth over bread, mix well. Pour eggs over bread, mix well.
Pour bread mixture into greased crockpot. Cook 1st 45 minutes on high and then cook on low for 4 hours.

No comments: