Sunday, February 1, 2009

Stromboli

This recipe comes from my mom. It was one of my favorites growing up. It's really easy and good. One day I want to make it with homemade bread dough...we'll see if that ever happens.


Frozen bread dough, defrosted
Pizza Sauce
Cheese
Favorite pizza toppings

Roll defrosted bread dough into a rectangle. I usually take the dough out the night before and spray Pam on Saran Wrap and wrap the dough in it and put it in the refrigerator until I'm ready to use it the next night. Then I let it sit out for 10-15 minutes so it's not so cold and will roll out easier.


Put your pizza sauce and all ingredients down the center of the dough.


Make 1 1/2 inch cuts in the dough from the edge to 1/4 inch away from the ingredients in the center. See picture above.

Criss cross the dough over the ingredients. I pinch the edges closed because if you don't the ingredients usually spill out the end.


Transfer to a greased baking sheet - this might require 4 hands so you don't loose everything out of the center. Let rise 30 minutes (although I usually skip this step because we are too impatient). Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes or unti lightly brown. You can brush the top with melted butter if desired.

No comments: