Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ice Cream Dessert

I can't believe I have not posted this dessert yet because it is one of my favorites. It is super easy and delicious! This recipe comes from my sister-in-law Alyssa.



2 sticks margarine or butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar

In a large saucepan melt the 2 sticks margarine and add the brown sugar. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat.

Add:
3 cups Cornflakes or Special K
1 1/2 cups shredded coconut
1 1/2 cups chopped nuts (I usually use walnuts or pecans)
Stir everything together

Spread mixture on bottom of 13X9 pan. Reserve about 1 - 1 1/2 cups to sprinkle on the top.

Cut 1/2 gallon of ice cream in to strips and lay on top of the mixture. Sprinkle reserved cornflake mixture on top. Put in freezer.

The original recipe has you top the dessert with raspberry danish dessert that you add frozen raspberries to. This is my favorite way to have it but when I get lazy I just put chocolate or caramel sauce on the top.

No comments: