Sunday, December 5, 2010

Barbecue Spareribs



I grew up eating these spareribs. They are so delicious. They are tender and juicy and the barbecue sauce is wonderful. I made them for the first time today for my husband. He didn't understand why we've been married almost 6 years and I haven't made them for him before. I didn't have an answer. These are very easy to make and they freeze wonderfully.

Barbecue Spareribs

5-10 lbs boneless ribs
1 cup ketchup
2 cups kraft barbecue sauce
2 tsp lemon juice
dash of pepper
1 cup fruit juice (pear juice is best)
1 cup apple sauce
2 Tbsp sugar

Mix together above 7 ingredients and set aside. Put ribs in a glass baking dish. I had about 7 lbs. of ribs and used two 9X13 pans. Bake ribs in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1 cup water together and add to ribs. (I doubled the salt mixture and divided it between the two pans). Cover the pans with tin foil. Bake for two more hours. Drain off the greasy water. Pour sauce over ribs and bake for 30 minutes longer.

No comments: