Sunday, December 12, 2010

Cranberry Salsa


I know my blog has not been too festive this year. Sadly I have not been baking wonderful holiday treats because I don't want them around my house. I'm trying to avoid gaining the holiday 15. But this recipe screams holidays to me. My sister in law, Alyssa, has made this for our family the last few Christmas'. It is so good! It is different than anything I have ever tasted.

Cranberry Salsa

1-12 oz bag of cranberries
1 Anaheim pepper, seeded
2 limes, juiced
1 bunch cilantro
1 bunch green onions
pinch of salt
1/2 cup sugar

Put above ingredients in a food processor and blend well.

To make it "Holiday style":

Blend 8 oz cream cheese, 1/2 cup sour cream, and 1/4 cup mayo and spread onto a platter. (It is also really good over just cream cheese). Cover with cranberry salsa. Serve with chips or crackers.

**Leave out a few cranberries and cilantro leaves to garnish with.

No comments: