Sunday, April 27, 2008

Breadsticks

Recipe courtesy of Ali Broadbent

6 cups flour
1 Tbsp yeast
3 Tbsp sugar
1 Tbsp salt
1/3 cup oil
2 1/2 cups hot water

In a large bowl mix 3 cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Then add water and oil and mix again. Add 3 more cups flour a little at a time. Mix for 7-10 minutes. Let dough rise until double in size. Punch dough down and roll the dough out on the counter into a rectangle. Use pizza cutter or knife to cut in to breadsticks. Put breadsticks on pan and brush with butter and parmesan cheese. Let rise again for 15-20 minutes. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes.

3 comments:

Sher said...

you are seriously amazing. I'm going to be referring to this blog alot, since lately, my dinner includes mac 'n cheese, or top ramen (not that I can't cook, but I HATE coming up with idea, so I go with what's easy) Now, I will have ideas!
Thanks!
SHer

Anonymous said...

Ooo! I'm so excited that you posted the breadsticks! I loved the one I had yesterday and was telling Blair about them. Now I can try them, too! Thanks!

Krazy Kat said...

I'm glad to see your cooking blog. I love to cook, so I will definitely have to try some of yours.