Friday, April 25, 2008

White Chili

This is another recipe sent to me by Brad's mom. I had never tried White Chili before. This recipe, of course is really good, or I wouldn't be posting it. It's extra good if you make it with my mom's corn bread...which I will be posting the recipe for!

1 T vegetable oil
1 med onion, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 15 oz can garbanzo beans
2 15 oz cans Great Northern beans
1 lb grilled chicken, cubed
1 14oz can chicken broth
1 14 oz can niblet-style corn
1 4 oz can green chiles
1 t cumin
1 t salt
1/2 t pepper
1 c sour cream
1/2 c heavy cream
parsley sprigs, optional
1. In large pan, heat oil and saute onion and garlic. Add beans, chicken, broth, corn, chiles, cumin, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes, uncovered.

2. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream. Garnish with parsley. Serves 6-8.

No comments: